PRODUCTS From Wired to Wireless From Edge to Core
720G Data Center Switch
48 x 10G SFP+, 6 x 40G QSFP+ switch ports with Trident 2+.
Cost-effective, open network switch for data center fabric
Field Proven Front to Back/ Back to Front Airflow
The Edgecore DCS208 switch meets the high-performance, availability, and network-scaling requirements of enterprise and cloud data centers. The DCS208 provides full line-rate switching at Layer 2 or Layer 3 across 48 x 10GbE ports and 6 x 40GbE uplinks. The switch can be deployed either as a Top-of-Rack switch, or as part of a 10GbE or 40GbE distributed spine, forming a non-blocking folded-Clos data center fabric. The switch is rack mountable in either a standard 19 inch rack, or with the Open Rack Switch Adapter in the 21 inch Open Rack.
The DCS208 hardware provides the high availability features required for data center operation, including; redundant, hot-swappable AC or -48 VDC PSUs or 12 VDC power input; fan with 4+1 redundant fan modules; and port-to-power or power-to-port airflow options. The DCS208 is an ideal Top-of-Rack switch for virtualized data centers, with its support of VXLAN and NVGRE tunneling functions in hardware. This open network switch is loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which supports the installation of compatible Network Operating System soſtware, including the open source options, plus commercial NOS offerings.
|Predominant Port Type||10GbE SFP+|
|High Availability||Redundant Power Supply
|Compatible Software Option||CGS - COS
Ixia - Vision Edge OS
Netscout - Packet Flow Switch
Pica8 - PicOS
Pluribus Netvisor ONE
|Compatible Transceivers||10G SFP
|Compatible Cables||10G SFP+ DAC
10G SFP+ AOC
40G QSFP+ DAC
40G QSFP+ AOC
40G DAC QSFP+ to SFP+ Breakout
40G AOC QSFP+ to SFP+ Breakout
- Cost-effective, open network switch for data center fabric.
- 48 x SFP+ switch ports, supporting 10GbE (DAC, 10GBASE-SR/LR) or 1GbE (1000BASE-T/SX/LX).
- 6 x 40 QSFP switch ports, each supporting 40GbE (DAC, 40GBASE-SR4/LR4) or 4 x 10GbE (DAC or fiber breakout cable).
- Port Grouping to group 4 x 10G ports into one 40G port at the physical layer for maximum bandwidth utilization, and for 300 m optical reach over MMF (Subject to NOS options).
- VXLAN and NVGRE tunneling support in hardware for network virtualization.
- Rack mountable in standard 19" racks. Mountable in 21" Open Rack with the Open Rack Switch Adapter.
- Supports hot/cold aisle with port-to-power and power-to-port airflow SKUs.
- All ports on front; PSUs, fan modules on rear.
- Hot-swappable, load sharing, redundant AC or -48 VDC PSUs. 12 VDC power input option.
- Hot swappable 4+1 redundant fan modules.
- Management: Ethernet and console RJ-45 ports; USB storage port.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with CGS COS
- Compatible with Ixia Vision Edge OS™
- Compatible with Netscout Packet Flow Switch
- Compatible with Pica8 Inc. PicOS™
- Compatible with Pluribus Networks Netvisor ONE Network operating system
- Compatible with SONiC open source network software
|Category||File Name||Version||Release Date||File Size||Download|
|Datasheet||DCS208 (AS5812-54X) R14||US||2021-12-20||1218.66 KB||Download|
|User Manual||DCS208 (AS5812-54X) Quick Start Guide R08||US||2021-11-09||1754.29 KB||Download|
|Certification||DCS208 (AS5812-54X) CE DoC||US||2021-11-09||401.81 KB||Download|
|Certification||Edgecore RoHS 2.0 REACH Declaration DCS208 (AS5812-54X)||US||2021-11-09||1057.81 KB||Download|
|Safety and Regulatory Information||DCS208 (AS5812-54X) Safety and Regulatory Information R06||US||2021-11-09||1181.94 KB||Download|