The EWS5202 is an enterprise-grade wireless LAN controller that provides establishments such as small hotels, schools, or municipal organizations with a comprehensive set of managed Wi-Fi features at a competitive license-free price point.
★Managed Access Point: ECW5210-L/ECW5211-L/ECW5410-L (Indoor), ECWO5210-L/ECWO5211-L (Outdoor)
The EWS5202 is capable of managing up to 80 wireless access points and can be directly integrated with uniﬁed access switches, all of which can be deployed and conﬁgured easily by anyone, including non-wireless savvy users. For example, automated AP discovery prevents network administrators from having to go through the hassle of individually adding and conﬁguring each access point. Access points, as well as connected Wi-Fi devices can then be monitored and managed from a centralized point, with extensive logging and reporting features that assist in troubleshooting and maintenance.
As Wi-Fi enabled handheld devices such as smartphones and tablets become ever so prevalent in our daily lives, businesses and network operators alike are faced with a mind-boggling dilemma – how to simultaneously address the needs of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), manage Wi-Fi users, and maintain network service quality for mission critical applications. The EWS5202 is designed exactly with these requirements in mind, and with a total cost of ownership that satisﬁes even the most price conscious, organizations are guaranteed to receive an unmatched ROI on their wireless LAN infrastructure.
|AP Management Capability||Up to 80 AP per controller|
- Support user authentication via both the industry standard 802.1X as well as web-based captive portals
- Support remote access via VPN
- Support fast roaming
- Support DHCP, NAT, routing and hotspot with billing system integration
- Supports WAN port failover
- Enforce different trafﬁc proﬁles based on both the location (Service Zone) of the user and the time of access
- Support AP with automatic discovery and provisioning
- Redundancy: 3(Max)+1 with automatic synchronization