The AS5710-54X-EC is a 48-port 10GbE SFP+ switch with 6-port 40GbE uplinks designed for carrier/ enterprise aggregation, data center top-of-rack, and SDN-enabled networks.
The AS5710-54X-EC is a 48-port 10GbE SFP+ switch with 6-port 40GbE uplinks designed for carrier/ enterprise aggregation, data center top-of-rack, and SDN-enabled networks. It is an ideal solution for traditional three-tier aggregation, or for core and folded-Clos architectures, serving with a 2:1 oversubscription.
The switch runs EdgeCOS, providing traditional Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching functionality, as well as OpenFlow 1.3, leveraging Broadcom’s OF-DPA, to get the most out of the switching silicon. By using OF-DPA, EdgeCOS provides more tables, larger table sizes, and a streamlined OpenFlow pipelining, compared to legacy OpenVswitch-based software solutions.
|Switch Type||Fixed Port|
|Predominant Port Type||10 Gigabit Fiber|
- 48 x 10G SFP+ and 6 x 40G QSFP+ ports
- Layer 2/Layer 3, and Hybrid OpenFlow 1.3
- OF-DPA 1.0/2.0*
- Compatible with OpenFlow 1.3 capable controllers and applications written for OF-DPA
- Debian GNU/Linux Open Linux Environment*
- 346 W typical power consumption
- 12KBytes Jumbo Frames
- Dual hot-swappable Power Supplies (AC, 48VDC, 12VDC)
- Port-to-power and Power-to-port airflow options
- 2:1 Oversubscription in folded-Clos networks
- 4+1 hot-swappable fans
- MLAG support
- VXLAN ready*
- Perpetual license with optional annual maintenance contract
|Category||File Name||Version||Release Date||File Size||Download|
|Datasheet||AS5710-54X-EC EdgeCOS R02||US||2017-10-06||284.4 KB||Download|
|User Manual||AS5710-54X-EC Web Management Guide||US||2016-07-11||17823.65 KB||Download|
|User Manual||AS5710-54X-EC CLI Reference Guide||US||2016-07-11||4399.05 KB||Download|