48 x 10G Base-T, 6 x 40G QSFP+ switch ports with Trident 2+
High-performance switch for enterprise and cloud data centers
Cost-effective 10G RJ45 Interfaces
The Edgecore DCS209 switch meets the high-performance, availability, and network-scaling requirements of enterprise and cloud data centers. The DCS209 provides full line-rate switching at Layer 2 or Layer 3 across 48 x 10GbE ports and 6 x 40GbE uplinks. The switch can be deployed either as a Top-of-Rack switch, or as part of a 10GbE or 40GbE distributed spine, forming a non-blocking folded-Clos data center fabric. The switch is rack mountable in either a standard 19 inch rack, or with the Open Rack Switch Adapter in the 21 inch Open Rack.
The DCS209 hardware provides the high-availability features required for data center operation, including redundant, hot-swappable AC power input, 4+1 redundant fan modules, and front-to-back or back-to-front airflow options. The DCS209 is an ideal top-of-rack switch for virtualized data centers, with its support of VXLAN and NVGRE tunneling functions in hardware, leveraging existing Cat 5e/Cat 6/Cat 6A/Cat 7 cabling infrastructure that saves further investment. This open network switch is loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which supports the installation of compatible Network Operating System (NOS) soﬅware, including the open source options, plus commercial NOS offerings.
|Predominant Port Type||10GbE RJ45|
|High Availability||Redundant Power Supply
|Compatible Software Option||Open Compute Project - Open Network Linux
Pica8 - PicOS
Pluribus Netvisor ONE
- 48 x RJ-45 Copper, supporting 10GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX Ethernet on Cat 6, Cat 6 A and Cat 7 twisted-pair cable.
- 6 x 40 QSFP switch ports, each supporting 40GbE (DAC, 40GBASE-SR4/LR4) or 4 x 10GbE (DAC or fiber breakout cable).
- Hot-swappable, load sharing, redundant AC PSUs power input option.
- VXLAN and NVGRE tunneling support in hardware for network virtualization.
- Rack mountable in standard 19" racks. Mountable in 21" Open Rack with the Open Rack Switch Adapter.
- Supports hot/cold aisle with front-to-back and back-to-front airflow SKUs.
- All ports on front; PSUs, fan tray on rear.
- Hot swappable 4+1 redundant fan modules.
- Management: Ethernet and console RJ-45 ports.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), the open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Compatible with Pica8 Inc. PicOS™
- Compatible with Pluribus Networks Netvisor ONE Network operating system
|Category||File Name||Version||Release Date||File Size||Download|
|Datasheet||DCS209 (AS5812-54T) DS R09||US||2023-07-19||482.58 KB||Download|
|User Manual||DCS209 (AS5812-54T) Quick Start Guide R03||US||2021-11-09||1638.21 KB||Download|
|Safety and Regulatory Information||DCS209 (AS5812-54T) Safety and Regulatory Information R03||US||2021-11-09||723.61 KB||Download|