The Edgecore AS6812-32X is a Top-of-Rack (TOR) or spine switch for high-performance data centers, provides line-rate L2 and L3 switching across 32 x QSFP+ ports, supporting 32 x 40 GbE connections or 96 x 10 GbE + 8 x 40G connections.
The Edgecore AS6812-32X is a Top-of-Rack (TOR) or spine switch for high-performance data centers. In a compact 1RU form factor, the switch provides line-rate L2 and L3 switching across 32 x QSFP+ ports, supporting 32 x 40 GbE connections or 96 x 10 GbE + 8 x 40G connections. The AS6812-32X can be deployed as a TOR switch supporting 10 GbE or 40 GbE server connections, or as a spine switch supporting 10 GbE or 40 GbE spine interconnects. The AS6812-32X is a bare-metal switch loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which supports the installation of compatible open source and commercial Network Operating Systems for different network use cases and requirements.
|Predominant Port Type||40GbE QSFP+|
|High Availability||Redundant Power Supply
|Compatible Software Option||Big Switch Networks - Big Cloud Fabric
Cumulus Networks - Cumulus Linux
SnapRoute - FlexSwitch
Open Compute Project - Open Network Linux
- Cost-effective, bare-metal switch infrastructure for data center fabric.
- 32 fixed x 40 GbE QSFP+ switch ports in compact 1RU form factor, each supporting 40 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE via breakout cables. Maximum 24 x 40 GbE QSFP+ switch ports support breakout cables.
- Layer 2 or Layer 3 forwarding of 1.28 Tbps full duplex.
- Supports hot/cold aisle with port-to-power and power-to-port airflow SKUs.
- All ports on front. PSUs and fans inserted from rear.
- Hot swappable, load-sharing redudundant AC PSUs.
- 4+1 redundant, hot-swappable fans modules.
- Energy Efficiency: 227 W typical power consumption under line rate traffic using 24 x passive QSFP DAC, 8 x 40GBASE-SR4.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), an open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Compatible with Switch Light OS from Big Switch Networks and Big Cloud Fabric™ SDN applications.
- Compatible with Cumulus ® Linux ® r3.2 and later version from Cumulus Networks ®
- Compatible with SnapRoute FlexSwitch software.
|Category||File Name||Version||Release Date||File Size||Download|
|Datasheet||AS6812-32X ONIE||US||2017-12-04||247.81 KB||Download|
|User Manual||AS6812-32X Quick Start Guide-R01||US||2016-08-02||548.91 KB||Download|
|Certification||Edgecore RoHS 2.0 & REACH Declaration - AS6812-32X||US||2017-06-26||325.02 KB||Download|