The Edgecore AS7512-32X provides line-rate L2 and L3 switching across to 32 x QSFP28 ports, supporting up to 32 x 40/100 GbE, 64 x 50 GbE, or 128 x 10/25 GbE connections.
The Edgecore AS7512-32X switch is a Top-of-Rack (TOR) or spine switch for high-performance data centers. In a compact 1RU form factor, the switch provides line-rate L2 and L3 switching across to 32 x QSFP28 ports, supporting up to 32 x 40/100 GbE, 64 x 50 GbE, or 128 x 10/25 GbE connections. The AS7512-32X can be deployed as a TOR switch supporting 10/25/50 GbE to servers with 40/50/100 GbE uplinks, or as a spine switch supporting 40/50/100 GbE spine interconnects. The AS7512-32X is a bare-metal switch loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) which supports the installation of compatible Network Operating System (NOS) offerings.
|Predominant Port Type||100GbE QSFP28|
|High Availability||Redundant Power Supply
|Compatible Software Option||Pica8 - PicOS
Linux Foundation - OpenSwitch
- Cost-effective, bare-metal switch infrastructure for data center fabric.
- Deploy as Top-of-Rack switch supporting 10 or 25 GbE to servers, with 40 or 50 or 100 GbE uplinks.
- Deploy as spine switch supporting 40, 50, or 100 GbE ToR and spine interconnects.
- 32 x QSFP28 switch ports, each supporting 1 x 100 GbE or 1 x 40 GBE, or via breakout cables, 2 x 50 GbE or 4 x 25 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE.
- Layer 2 or Layer 3 forwarding of 6.4 Tbps. (full duplex)
- Supports hot/cold aisle with port-to-power and power-to-port airflow SKUs.
- All ports on front; PSUs and fans accessible from rear.
- Hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant AC or -48V DC or 12V DC PSUs.
- 5+1 redundant, hot-swappable fan modules.
- Energy Efficiency: 370 W typical power consumption without pluggable optics.
- Bare-Metal hardware switch pre-loaded with diagnostic and with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings. Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), an open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Supports Switch Abstraction Interface (SAI), the OCP abstraction layer for NOS interface to multi-vendor switch silicons.
- Compatible with OpenSwitch the open-source NOS.
- Compatible with future release of PicOS™ from Pica8, Inc.