The Edgecore Wedge100S-32X is a commercial product based on Facebook's Wedge100S design. Facebook designed the Wedge100S as a 32 x 100 GbE top-of-rack switch optimized for web-scale data centers, and submitted the design to the Open Compute Project.
The Wedge100S switch provides 32 QSFP28 ports that can each run at 100 GbE/40 GbE, or as 4 x 25 GbE/ 4 x 10 GbE/2 x 50 GbE through breakout cables. The Wedge100S design is based on the Broadcom BCM56960 Tomahawk 3.2 Tbps switch silicon. The Wedge CPU subsystem is the COM-E CPU module, based on the Intel Xeon Broadwell-DE D1508 processor. The use of this standard CPU system, coupled with the BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) on the Wedge main board, enables the Wedge100S to be provisioned and managed using similar tools used by data center operators for their server and application environments.
|Predominant Port Type||100GbE QSFP28|
|High Availability||Redundant Power Supply
|Compatible Software Option||Open Compute Project - Open Network Linux|
- Bare-metal TOR switch for data center fabric.
- Open hardware design contributed by Facebook to the Open Compute Project.
- Compatible with a 19” rack, or a 21” Open Rack using the Open Rack Switch Adapter.
- 32 x QSFP28 ports in a compact 1RU form factor.
- Each port supports 1 x 100 GbE/40 GbE, or 4 x 25 GbE/4 x 10 GbE/2 x 50 GbE via breakout cables.
- Line-rate Layer 2 or Layer 3 forwarding of 3.2 Tbps full duplex.
- Hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant AC PSUs or 12 V DC PSUs.
- 4+1 redundant, hot-swappable fans.
- Front-to-back airﬂow.
- Console, management, and USB ports on switch ports side.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), an open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Compatible with open-source FBOSS Agent software.
|Category||File Name||Version||Release Date||File Size||Download|
|Datasheet||WedgeS 100-32X R01||US||2018-07-23||216.71 KB||Download|