Open Networking Solutions for Data Center, Telecom, and Enterprise
Open Networking Benefits
Open networking is helping to transform the way IT is deployed and used by many types of businesses. Open networks are based on networking hardware whose designs are fully open-sourced, with a choice of independent open software for NOS, SDN, virtualization and cloud orchestration.
For years, hyperscale data center operators have been enjoying the benefits of open networking: automated and accelerated provisioning of network capacity and services, greater control over the development of enhanced network services, flexibility to work with best-in-class suppliers, reduced network equipment expenses,and reduced operating expenses. These open network benefits are now available for many more network use cases. Public and private cloud data centers of all sizes are being deployed with network fabrics built from open TOR and spine switches. Open networks are addressing telecommunications service provider requirements for new central office architectures, managed services delivery, monitoring and analytics networks, and Internet exchanges. Enterprises are deploying open network solutions outside their data centers, in distribution facilities, Power-over-Ethernet networks for wireless access and security applications, and campus networks.
Edgecore Networks, Leadership in Open Networking
Together with its technology and integration partners, Edgecore Networks delivers leading open networks solutions for cloud data center, telecommunications and enterprise customers.
Commercial Networking Operating System Options
- Edgecore is an Accton company, leveraging the network technology, development and manufacturing capabilities of Accton Technology, the leading network ODM.
- Edgecore supplies Facebook and other hyperscale cloud operators with open network switches that meet the most demanding performance, scale and reliability requirements.
- Edgecore is a leader in the OCP Networking Project, with a full set of open switches based on its approved design contributions: a 10GbE TOR switch which was the first switch ever approved by OCP, a cost-optimized 40GbE switch, and two 100GbE switches based on switch silicon from different vendors allowing network operators to increase capacity with infrastructures based on 25G and 100G.
- Edgecore has contributed to OCP new classes of open hardware platforms to extend open networking to additional use cases in the data center, and beyond to the service provider edge and the enterprise access network. Those platforms include the Open Modular Platform supporting up to 512-ports of 100GbE for data center spine and core network applications, high-buffer switches for data center interconnect and service provider edge applications, and the industry's first open WiFi Access Points and PoE access switches to bring open networking to enterprise access networks.
- Edgecore switches support the broadest set of commercial and open source software choices in the industry, providing customers with alternatives to meet their specific requirements.
- Edgecore leads the industry in working with partners and industry groups to validate and make open networks deployable, for example as a charter member of UNH-IOL Open Networking Test Services Consortium which validates interoperability among open network switches, NOS, cables, optics, and NICs.
- Edgecore’s value added distributor, integrator, and reseller partners provide a full set of services and IT infrastructure to support the requirements of cloud service providers, big data companies, telecom operators, and enterprises.
- Edgecore has contributed the first 400G open networking switch to OCP to lead the open networking innovation.
All Edgecore open network switches support the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of
compatible NOS software. Edgecore switches support the broadest set of commercial and open source NOS and SDN
software choices in the industry, providing customers with alternatives to meet their specific requirements, and offering
network management and cloud orchestration flexibility for enterprises, data centers, and telecommunication service
For more Commercial Networking Operating System information, please visit https://www.edge-core.com/partners.php
Open Source Software
Edgecore is an active member of the OpenSwitch, OCP and ONF open software communities. Edgecore switches offer a choice of open source software distributions that provide network operators and ISVs with open platforms to enable value-add application development.
Leaf and Spine Topology for Data Center or CORD
- Open Network Foundation's (ONF's) Atrium. Open-source SDN distribution providing OpenFlow switch agent managed by the ONOS OpenFlow SDN controller with BGP routing applications.
- Open Network Linux (ONL). The OCP reference NOS, providing a standard platform for forwarding agents including OpenFlow and agents to program switch silicon.
- Software for Open Networking in the Cloud (SONiC). The SONiC community is being led by Microsoft and many other key players, including Edgecore, to deliver a robust, proven software infrastructure to enable customers to build highly scalable, data center networks. Containing proven Layer-2 and Layer-3 protocols, along with a modern micro-services architecture, customers can extend the functionality of SONiC to meet their specific use case.
- DENT. As a new Linux Foundation project, DENT will utilize the Linux Kernel, Switchdev, and other Linux based projects as the basis for building a new standardized network operating system without abstractions or overhead.
Open Network Switches
- Leaf and spine architecture scales form few racks with L2 fabric to thousands of racks with L3 fabric.
- Edgecore open switches provide choice of 1G, 10G or 25G server connections; and 10G, 40G,and 100G spine network.
- Folded CLOS fabric provides network underlay supporting SDN, virtualization and cloud orchestration software options.
Data Center TOR and Spine, Telecom, and Enterprise
1G, 1G PoE, 10G, 25G, 40G, 100G, 400G
AS9716-32D 400GbE Data Center Switch - 32-Port 400G QSFP-DD switch with Tomahawk 3 silicon
AS7716-24SC 100GbE Coherent Switch
AS7816-64X 100GbE Data Center Switch - 64-Port 100G QSFP28 switch with Tomahawk 2 silicon
AS7726-32X 100GbE Data Center Switch - 32-Port 100G QSFP28 switch with Trident 3 silicon
AS7712-32X 100GbE Data Center Switch - 32-Port 100G QSFP28 switch with Tomahawk silicon
Wedge100BF-65X 100GbE Data Center Switch - 65-Port 100G QSFP28 switch with Tofino 64Q silicon
Wedge100S-32X 100GbE Data Center Switch - 32-Port 100G QSFP28 switch with Tomahawk silicon
Wedge100BF-32QS 100GbE Data Center Switch - 32-Port 100G QSFP28 switch with Tofino 32Q silicon
Wedge100BF-32X 100GbE Data Center Switch - 32-Port 100G QSFP28 switch with Tofino 32D silicon
AS6812-32X 40GbE Data Center Switch - 32-Port 40G QSFP+ switch
AS7326-56X 100GbE/25GbE Data Center Switch - 48 x 25G SFP28 plus 8 x 100G QSFP28 switch with Trident 3 silicon
AS7312-54XS 100GbE/25GbE Data Center Switch - 48 x 25G SFP28 plus 6 x 100G QSFP28 switch with Tomahawk+ silicon
AS5916 Family 10GbE Data Center Switch - 48-Port 10G SFP+ with 6x100G QSFP+ uplinks switch with Qumran MX silicon
AS5912-54X 10GbE Data Center Switch - 48-Port 10G SFP+ with 6x100G QSFP+ uplinks switch with Qumran MX silicon
AS5835-54X 10GbE Data Center Switch - 48-Port 10G SFP+ with 6x100G QSFP28 uplinks with Trident 3 silicon
AS5835-54T 10GbE Data Center Switch - 48-Port 10GbE with 6x100G QSFP28 uplinks with Trident 3 silicon
AS5812-54X 10GbE Data Center Switch - 48-Port 10G SFP+ with 6x40G QSFP+ uplinks
AS5812-54T 10GbE Data Center Switch - 48-Port 10GbE with 6x40GbE uplinks
AS4630-54PE 1GbE Data Center Switch - 48-Port 1GbE with 4 x 25G SFP28 uplink ports, and 2 x 100G QSFP28 stacking ports
AS4610-54T 1GbE Data Center Switch - 48-Port GE RJ45 port + 4x10G SFP+ and 2 port QSFP+ by DAC or 20G QSFP+ Transceiver
AS4610-30T 1GbE Data Center Switch - 24-Port GE RJ45 port + 4x10G SFP+ and 2 port QSFP+ by DAC or 20G QSFP+ Transceiver
AS4610-54P 1GbE Data Center Switch - 48-Port GE RJ45 port w/ POE+, incl. 8 ports UPOE and 4x10G SFP+, 2 port QSFP+ by DAC or 20G QSFP+ Transceiver
AS4610-30P 1GbE Data Center Switch - 24-Port GE RJ45 port w/ POE+, incl. 8 ports UPOE and 4x10G SFP+, 2 port QSFP+ by DAC or 20G QSFP+ Transceiver