Open Networking Benefits
Open networking is helping to transform the way IT is deployed and used by many types of businesses. Open networks are based on networking hardware whose designs are fully open-sourced, with a choice of independent open software for NOS, SDN, virtualization and cloud orchestration. For years, hyperscale data center operators have been enjoying the benefits of open networking: automated and accelerated provisioning of network capacity and services, greater control over the development of enhanced network services, flexibility to work with best-in-class suppliers, reduced network equipment expenses, and reduced operating expenses. These open network benefits are now available for many more network use cases. Public and private cloud data centers of all sizes are being deployed with network fabrics built from open TOR and spine switches. Open networks are addressing telecommunications service provider requirements for new central office architectures, managed services delivery, monitoring and analytics networks, and Internet exchanges. Enterprises are deploying open network solutions outside their data centers, in distribution facilities, Power-over-Ethernet networks for wireless access and security applications, and campus networks.
Edgecore Networks, Leadership in Open Networking
Together with its technology and integration partners, Edgecore Networks delivers leading open networks solutions for cloud data center, telecommunications and enterprise customers.
Commercial Networking Operating System Options
- Edgecore is an Accton company, leveraging the network technology, development and manufacturing capabilities of Accton Technology, the leading network ODM.
- Edgecore supplies Facebook and other hyperscale cloud operators with open network switches that meet the most demanding performance, scale and reliability requirements.
- Edgecore is a leader in the OCP Networking Project, with a full set of open switches based on its OCP-accepted design contributions: a 10GbE TOR switch which was the first switch ever accepted by OCP, a cost-optimized 40GbE switch, and two 100GbE switches based on switch silicon from different vendors allowing network operators to increase capacity with infrastructures based on 25G and 100G.
- Edgecore has contributed to OCP new classes of open hardware platforms to extend open networking to additional use cases in the data center, and beyond to the service provider edge and the enterprise access network. Those platforms include the Open Modular Platform supporting up to 512-ports of 100GbE for data center spine and core network applications, high-buffer switches for data center interconnect and service provider edge applications, and the industry’sfirst open WiFi Access Points and PoE access switches to bring open networking to enterprise access networks.
- Edgecore switches support the broadest set of commercial and open source software choices in the industry, providing customers with alternatives to meet their specific requirements.
- Edgecore’s value added distributor, integrator, and reseller partners provide a full set of services and IT infrastructure to support the requirements of cloud service providers, big data companies, telecom operators, and enterprises.
- Edgecore has contributed the first 400G open networking switch to OCP to lead the open networking innovation.
All Edgecore open network switches support the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible NOS software. Edgecore switches support the broadest set of commercial and open source NOS and SDN software choices in the industry, providing customers with alternatives to meet their specific requirements, and offering network management and cloud orchestration flexibility for enterprises, data centers, and telecommunication service providers. For more Commercial Networking Operating System information, please visit LINK
Enterprise SONiC Distribution by Edgecore is a hardended, open distribution of SONiC (Software for Open Networking in the Cloud) which runs on Edgecore Open Networking switches. For more Enterprise SONiC Distribution by Edgecore information, please visit SONiC webpage. LINK
Open Source Software
Edgecore is the leading network contributor to current open-source software communities including OCP , TIP, DENT and Microsoft SONiC. Edgecore switches offer a choice of open source software distributions that provide network operators and ISVs with open platforms to enable value-add application development.
Open Cloud Switches
Data Center TOR and Spine 1G, 1G PoE, 10G, 25G, 40G, 100G, 400G
DCS810 (AS9516-32D) 32 x 400G QSFP-DD ports
- Open Network Linux (ONL). The OCP reference NOS, providing a standard platform for forwarding agents including OpenFlow and agents to program switch silicon.
- Software for Open Networking in the Cloud (SONiC). The SONiC community is being led by Microsoft and many other key players, including Edgecore, to deliver a robust, proven software infrastructure to enable customers to build highly scalable, data center networks. Containing proven Layer-2 and Layer-3 protocols, along with a modern micro-services architecture, customers can extend the functionality of SONiC to meet their specific use case.
- DENT: As a new Linux Foundation project, DENT will utilize the Linux Kernel, Switchdev, and other Linux based projects as the basis for building a new standardized network operating system without abstractions or overhead
DCS510 (AS9716-32D) 32 x 400G QSFP56-DD ports
DCS240 (AS9726-32DB) 32 x 400G QSFP-DD ports
Cassini AS7716-24SC 16 x 100GbE switch ports
DCS802 (Wedge100BF-65X) 65 x 100G QSFP28 ports
DCS801 (Wedge100BF-32QS) 32 x 100G QSFP28 ports
DCS800(Wedge100BF-32X) 32 x 100G QSFP28 ports
DCS501(AS7712-32X) 32 x 100G QSFP28 ports
DCS500 (AS7816-64X) 4 x 100GbE QSFP28 ports
DCS204 (AS7726-32X) 32 x 100G QSFP28, 2 x 10G SFP+ ports
DCS203 (AS7326-56X) 48 x 25G SFP28, 8 x100G QSFP28, 2 x 10G ports
AS7312-54XS 48 x 25G SFP28, 6 x 100G QSFP28 ports
DCS209 (AS5812-54T) 48 x 10G BASE-T, 6 x 40G QSFP+ ports
DCS208 (AS5812-54X) 48 x 10G SFP+, 6 x 40G QSFP+ ports
DCS202 (AS5835-54T) 48 x 10G Base-T ports
DCS201 (AS5835-54X) 48 x 10G + 6 x 100G ports
EPS300 (AS5114-48X) 48 x 10G SFP+ ports
EPS203 (AS4630-54NPE) 36 x 2.5G Base-T+ 12 x 10G Base-T+ 4 x 25G SFP28, 2 x 100G QSFP28 ports
EPS202 (AS4630-54PE) 48 x 1G + 4 x 25G + 2 x 100G Stacking ports
EPS201 (AS4630-54TE) 48 x 1G Base-T, 4 x 25G SFP28 uplink ports, 2 x 100G QSFP28 stacking ports
EPS101 (AS4224-52P) 48 x 1G Base-T+ 4 x 10G SFP+ ports
EPS100 (AS4224-52T) 48 x 1G Base-T+ 4 x 10G SFP+ ports
AS4610 Series 24/48 x 1G Base-T (PoE) , 4 x 10G SFP+ ports