The new network deployment used Edgecore high-performance enterprise switches together with a WLAN gateway controller and enterprise-grade indoor access points. Equipped with powerful features, the Edgecore switches and access points fully comply with the standards of the network infrastructure system, as well as meet the actual requirements:
- Enterprise Switch - ECS2100-28PP, a PoE switch with 1GE connection interfaces. It delivers a default 370 W of PoE power to support future IP cameras, IP telephones, or access points.
- Enterprise Switch - ECS2100-10T, supports 8 x GE ports + 2 GE SFP ports with an RJ-45 console port and a fanless design.
- WLAN Gateway Controller - EWS5203, with AP management, user authentication, traffic shaping, and firewall features in a single box, provides IT managers with an easy-to-use and centralized management console for an entire wireless network infrastructure.
- Indoor Access Point - Spark 2 AC1200, powered by a next-generation quad-core CPU that provides super-high performance when serving a high number of users. The 802.11ac wave2 standard support has MU-MIMO compatibility, allowing the AP to transmit data more efficiently and at higher speeds.
During the network deployment, Edgecore's engineers reviewed the whole building structure to ensure that every corner of the health center has stable and smooth network connections. After deployment of the Edgecore solution, the Wi-Fi network has successfully brought the following practical benefits to the health center:
- Seamless roaming and uninterrupted Wi-Fi connectivity enables the center's employees to increase their work efficiency and provide the elderly with timely assistance.
- A reduction in the cost of the infrastructure set-up and maintenance, while keeping a good service quality.
- An easy-to-use controller platform that enables intelligent network management, as well as maximizing labor efficiency.