The Wedge 100-32X switch provides 32 QSFP28 ports that can each run at 100GbE/40GbE, or as 4 x 25 GbE/4 x 10 GbE/2 x 50 GbE through breakout cables.
The Edgecore Wedge 100-32X is a commercial product based on Facebook’s Wedge 100 design. Facebook designed the Wedge 100 as a 32 x 100 GbE Top-of-Rack switch optimized for web-scale data centers, and submitted the design to the Open Compute Project. Edgecore’s parent company, Accton Technology, performed the design validation for Facebook and manufactures the Wedge 100 for Facebook’s deployment. Edgecore now offers the Wedge 100 as a fully supported commercial product to enable network operators to increase capacity with 25 G and 100 G networking.
The Wedge 100 switch provides 32 QSFP28 ports that can each run at 100 GbE/40 GbE, or as 4 x 25 GbE/ 4 x 10 GbE/2 x 50 GbE through breakout cables. The Wedge 100 design is based on the Broadcom BCM56960 Tomahawk 3.2 Tbps switch silicon. The Wedge CPU subsystem is the COM-E CPU module, based on the Intel Atom E3800 x86 processor. The use of this standard CPU system, coupled with the BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) on the Wedge main board, enables the Wedge 100 to be provisioned and managed using similar tools used by data center operators for their server and application environments.
|Predominant Port Type||100GbE QSFP28|
|High Availability||Redundant Power Supply
|Compatible Software Option||Open Compute Project - Open Network Linux
SnapRoute - FlexSwitch
- Bare-metal TOR switch for data center fabric.
- Open hardware design contributed by Facebook to Open Compute Project.
- Compatible with 19” rack, or 21” Open Rack with Open Rack Switch Adapter
- 32 x QSFP28 ports in compact 1RU form factor.
- Each port supports 1 x 100 GbE/40 GbE, or 4 x 25 GbE/4 x 10 GbE/2 x 50 GbE via breakout cables.
- Line-rate Layer 2 or Layer 3 forwarding of 3.2 Tbps full duplex.
- Hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant AC PSUs or 12 V DC PSUs.
- 4+1 redundant, hot-swappable fans.
- Front (port) to Back (power) airflow.
- Console, management, and USB ports on switch side.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with SnapRoute FlexSwitch software, a full function L2 and L3 NOS with rich APIs and analytics, accpeted by OCP.
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), an open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- BMC controller and OpenBMC firmware for standard system management of switch hardware functions.
- Compatible with open-source FBOSS Agent software.
|Category||File Name||Version||Release Date||File Size||Download|
|Datasheet||Wedge 100-32X R03||US||2016-11-03||251.8 KB||Download|